This is the latest understanding as of Friday 4:38 PM:
- Highway 72 is now out in both directions; this morning Pinecliff washed out.
- Gap road (Burland/Twin Spruce/Gap/119 and on) is our route in/out of the canyon.
- Road and Bridge have been working to protect this route (they feel today they took it from a 3 to a 7 out of 10.)
Some information to help you determine if you must make the trek:
- Taggarts (the gas station over on Highway 119 just passed Gap Road) has a 2 hour wait. It will quite possibly run out of gas soon.
- Nederland is without power, that doesn’t NOT appear to be a viable options for groceries.
Here is a map for making this trek: