The Coal Creek Fire Protection District has entered into fire ban. The ongoing hot and dry weather, drying grasses and trees, and the especially the heavy fuel loading from our wet spring and summer have combined to exponentially increase our risk for large fire growth within the district. The ban will be in effect until these hazardous conditions have subsided.
The fire ban prohibits:
- Slash fires
- The use of any kind of fireworks or model rockets
- All other outdoor spark or flame producing activities
- All outdoor burning not listed below as allowable
This fire ban allows for:
- Indoor fires in fireplaces or stoves
- Smoking indoors or within an enclosed vehicle
- Campfires in improved and maintained campgrounds that are currently open to the public, as long as the fuel for such fires are smaller than two feet in diameter by three feet in height.
- Liquid or gas fuel stove use
- Charcoal grill use on private land
- Smoking outdoors in areas free of flammable material